Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TEST DRAFT

When you're retired and have no pressing obligations or destination for the day, it's pretty easy to fall into a complacent routine. I prepared my usual steel-cut oatmeal with craisins, a recent addition to my menu which formerly consisted of bacon and egg with coffee, now tea. I would decide on my agenda of tasks for the day as I drank my second cup of tea. The phone rang and I rushed to answer it, not many callers these days. It was one of the women from the Sodality at church. "Regina", she said, "Mary Anderson is unable to call on her list of homebound communicants. Can you take her place?" "Oh, my," I gasped, "I've never touched the host before, except to receive it myself. I don't know if I can do this!" She went on to persuade me that there was no one else that she could call on and these were daily communicants who would be very upset if they were to miss this spiritual offering that meant so much in their uneventful lives. I said a rosary while I dressed and put the whole mission on the Holy Spirit. Oh, well, so much for a lack-luster style of living.
Regina A. McIntyre

For the IndieInk Writing Challenge this week, Tara Roberts challenged me with "You never know what's going to happen when you wake up in the morning." and I challenged Crosshavenharpist with "You open your door one morning and find three little kittens have been deposited there."

1 comment:

  1. I like what you did with the prompt. Sometimes opportunities do come our way, things we may never think of doing on our own. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete