Tuesday, January 17, 2012

AUTHENTICITY

Authenticity is another one of those hard to define concepts. We come into this world with our own DNA coding, incredibly individualistic, and I believe we come equipped with hard-wiring of the characteristics we need to employ to see us through this earthly voyage. That compact bit of business doesn't last long. The age-old question of nature/nurture impinges on us and in less time than it takes to demonstrate how we feel about sharing our toys, we're on the road to compromise via greed and fear, two agents of ego. Now, how do we return to our original-authentic self? How many of us are annoyed by this factor? How do we strip away years of experiences that have caused us to swerve from our ethos? I'm interested in knowing because I get the feeling that I might really enjoy meeting this authentic me.

No comments:

Post a Comment